Fall Speaker Series
Title: Social Media Strategies to Reach At-Risk Individuals
Speaker: Dr. Ken Fung
Date: Tuesday, 17 November, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Send an email requesting to register to firstname.lastname@example.org. PSHK will reply with a Zoom link to the presentation.
This presentation covers the process of creating and maintaining interactive social platforms for the purposes of reaching at-risk individuals. Dr. Ken Fung’s account “Your Relationship Clinic” on Facebook and Instagram will be used as an example. This account offers free, brief emotional support services to Chinese-speaking populations in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and around the world who face issues in their relationships.
Dr. Fung will cover the following topics:
- A brief overview of how to set up and operate social media accounts for therapeutic purposes
- Share some of the highlights and lowlights of working with individuals on “short form” interactive social media platforms
- Establishing effective relationships with followers, and drawing potential followers to the platforms
- How to build trust with wary or at-risk individuals and groups
- Special emphasis on the changes made to approach in communication with followers in adaptation to the social unrest and COVID-19 situations in the past 12 months+.
Potential audience members include anyone in the mental health sector interested in developing/maintaining an effective therapeutic communication platform via social media.
About Dr. Ken Fung
2020 Hong Kong Living Influencer in Health & Wellness
2019 IFAH Award “Top 100 Healthcare Leaders”
Dr. Ken Fung is a clinical psychologist committed to helping people with different relational and emotional issues using Gottman Method Therapy. Ken found the account “Your Relationship Clinic” on social media in 2013. He created the interactive channel to offer emotion support to Chinese-speaking people about their relationship issues with significant others. Since 2019, with the outburst of public emotion because of the social unrest in Hong Kong, he has extended and prioritised his service to providing emotional support to HKers. He was named one of the “Top 100 Healthcare Leaders” by IFAH in 2019 and “ 50 Hong Kong Living Influencers in 2020″ for his voluntary mental health services provided via social media.
If you have any questions about this event, or any other PSHK event, please contact the us at email@example.com.